My makeup bag needed a summer update, so I headed to Ulta to stock up on a few things. Here is what I’m currently using and loving. The best part is that I can get my makeup done in about five minutes with these easy-to-apply products!
Please note that this post contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase something from one of these links, I may get a small commission, which I will use to keep the fun content coming.
- Sun Bum Face Lotion and Sun Bum Face Stick // I love all Sun Bum sunscreen products, but this face lotion and stick are a must. These don’t burn my kids’ eyes, and they don’t make me break out. Right now they are buy 1 get 1 50% off at Ulta, so I’m stocking up. The chapstick is also awesome and has a great flavor and smooth feeling. I keep both in my swim bag.
FYI, I love this Elta MD sunscreen under my makeup (on sale for $29). It works as a primer, and I slather it on my face, neck, and dÃ©colletage daily. It’s also available on Amazon here.
- IT Cosmetics CC Cream in Medium // I love this product so much. It has great coverage and extra SPF. It’s not heavy at all. I just put it on with clean hands like a moisturizer. This tube will last all summer, wearing it every day. It has SPF 50 too!
Bayou Blonde Tip: Keep fragrance-free baby wipes with your makeup and clean your hands after applying CC Cream and other products with your fingers. You’ll seriously thank me for this one.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Stick Concealer in Light-Medium Honey // This creamy concealer matches my skin and is waterproof. It blends beautifully too, and it doesn’t settle into fine lines. It’s so good!
- Translucent Loose Setting Powder // This is probably the fourth time I’ve purchased this powder. It’s my absolute favorite for setting my skin. It keeps my skin fresh for about 4 hours without primer, and will last up to 8 hours with primer. I love that it doesn’t change the way my makeup looks, and it never has a cakey finish.
- Powder Brush by IT Cosmetics // It’s perfect to apply the setting powder. It’s big and fluffy and does a great job setting everything.
- Laura Mercier Caviar Eye Stick in Au Natural // This is a new product for me. I wanted to simplify my eye makeup. I smudge this product along the lash line and bring it above toward the brow with the brush below or my finger. I like to add a little highlighter (listed below) to soften the look. Usually, I apply both of those with my finger. It’s quick and easy, and gives just a tiny bit of color.
If I want to look a little more finished, I’ll follow up with an eyeliner. I love this 24/7 Glide-on Waterproof Eyeliner from Urban Decay in Desperation (Matte Taupe) for a more natural look in the summer months.
- Eyeshadow brush by IT Cosmetics // This brush works great to smudge the eyeshadow stick.
- Becca Sunlit Bronzer in Capri Coast // I love the highlighter from this brand (below), so I wanted to try the bronzer. It is perfection. The color and soft shimmer blend easily without being overly shiny. It’s almost impossible to apply this one wrong.
- Bronzer brush from IT Cosmetics // When applying bronzer, make a “3” shape on each side of your face to accentuate the jawline and cheekbones.
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Highlighter in Champagne Pop // This product is amazing and brings just the right about of shimmer to keep your makeup from looking flat. I apply it to my brow bone, cupid’s bow, bridge of the nose, and the inner corners of my eyes with my finger. Sometimes I add it to the cheekbones too. It looks shimmery but not shiny.
- Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara // I’ve been using this mascara for a few months, and I am loving it! It gives great thickness and tons of length, and it lasts through the day. I usually apply two coats. It’s so good that I rarely need eyeliner with it, unless I’m going all out with my makeup. It goes on sale from time to time, so I stock up then. (Stay tuned… sale coming!)
- Laura Mercier Lipstick in Brun Pale // I love this lipstick because it has staying power, the right amount of moisture, and the colors are so flattering. For summer, I switched to this nude color from my go-to shade, Nu Prefere. Don’t let the name fool you — it’s not brown!
These products are pretty much all I wear, and the best part is that my makeup routine takes all of about five minutes.
FYI, Ulta is my absolute favorite beauty spot. The people are helpful in the store, and their customer service is top notch. Also, you can always return products that don’t work for you. If it’s within 60 days, you can get a refund. Otherwise, they’ll give you a store credit instead. I’m not paid to endorse Ulta, but I am a huge fan.
That’s all for this week! Thanks for taking the time to stop by today, and if you choose to shop with my affiliate links, it is very much appreciated.
If you don’t follow me on Instagram, click here to stay in touch. I plan to post a video of me doing my makeup on Instagram, so you can see it live.
Never miss a post. Subscribe to receive new blog posts right to your inbox.